Technical Competencies & Certifications
Project Management Professional PMP
Six Sigma Green Belt
Voice Processing Systems
Remedy case management
CA Universal Service Desk
SAP Interaction Center
Quality Monitoring Systems
(PSTN) Public Switched Telephone Network/Wan
AT&T, Verizon toll free advanced services
FLM150 fiber mux
Carrier and customer provided access
Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
Voice over IP (VoIP
Customer Service Operations Manager
Repeatedly realize customer satisfaction goals through in-depth knowledge of process re-engineering, customer service, and technology. Recognized for delivering results in technical and human aspects of contact center management.
· Realized millions in savings by operationalizing customer intelligence and consolidating services and systems.
· Delivered projects worth up to $7 million and managed $21 million service operations budget.
· Cut wait times, down time, and costs by consolidating up to 50 centers and integrating 600-seat operation.
Core Competencies: Risk Assessment & Management Technology Asset Plans Business Goals & Strategies
Program & Project Management Contract Negotiation Cost Reduction Goal Attainment
Multi-Disciplinary Staffing CRM Systems Multi-Channel Contact Center Operations
Jeppesen/Boeing Englewood, CO
User Experience / Process & Interaction Designer 6/2014 - 6/2015
Organized processes for the successful operation of an Airline Operations Center. Results simplified a very complex operation into only two actions. This effort significantly influenced software design to be more modular allowing AOC operators to select just the modules that are driving their current situation.
CSC Falls Church, VA (Remote in Fort Collins, CO)
Service Desk/Contact Center Subject Matter Expert (SME), Principal Consultant 1998 to 2014
Specialized in operational excellence, customer self-service strategies and customer intelligence. Expert in how CRM is best deployed and utilized in the contact center. Improve internal operations, including taking instrumental role in developing High Performance Contact Center offering.
Transaction Process Improvement: Optimized top-20 customer interaction transaction flows for entertainment delivery client using Six Sigma tools to identify typical pattern flows and drive process redesign.
· Increased sales offer acceptance by 30% and reduced training time by a half a day for a company with 18,000 agents and 30% turnover, leveraging intelligence on 5 interactions to develop decision support tools.
· Developed compelling business case for senior management to build systems, applying advanced statistical analysis of handle time, sales offer acceptance, and other key metrics to demonstrate business impact.
Systems Enhancement: Managed 2 end user service desks for the New York State Department of Health Medicaid program, deploying broad spectrum of contact center disciplines.
· Cut wait times and abandons in half through application of operational excellence, customer self-service, knowledge, content, process, and case management tools.
Project Management: Delivered $7 million project to build center from scratch and consolidated 50 customer service operations into 3 centers. Acquired space/equipment and deployed systems on time and within budget.
· Generated $50,000 per hour for national car rental company by connecting web page to predictive calling.
Customer Care Center Launch: Built customer care center from the ground up for Catholic Health Initiatives to accommodate acquisitions of physician groups and sister systems, managing $1.7 million in total project budget.
· Realized $20 million in savings and freed hospital space for medical use by centralizing $1 billion procurement activity for 37 hospitals, leading transition of people, processes, systems, and technology.
Service Desk Operations: Developed application support operations from scratch for the US Army, replacing legacy systems to turnaround call center costs and revenue.
· Provided single-call resolution and introduced individual performance metrics through new systems and cross training with online user self-help.
Customer Care Center Thought Leadership: Published articles outlining operational best practices, providing leading-edge customer intelligence processes, and sharing tangible ideas to improve service.
· Published in Business Communications Review: Operationalizing Customer Intelligence in the Contact Center, Time Accounting in the Contact Center, Contact Center Service Providers: More Than Outsourcing, Call Center Consolidation; and in Connections Magazine: Searching for the Perfect CRM.
ENTERGY New Orleans, LA
Manager - Customer Service Center Operations 1995 to 1998
Developed technical strategic direction and $21 million annual budget, obtained senior management approval, and implemented plan. Developed, integrated, and managed system wide networking, call volume forecasting, staff planning, automated reporting, skills based routing, predictive dialing and VRU system design and programming.
Service Operations Leadership: Recruited to coordinate professional customer care, directing daily operations and contact center related project management across 600-seat customer service operation.
· Integrated operation of 6 individual contact centers to coordinate during weather demand, including changing senior level performance goals to reflect system objectives rather than regional objectives.
· Deployed Customer Information System, networking design, and workforce management to unite centers and enable demand-based staffing in mixed union environment.
· Eliminated tariff payments by managing negotiations to rebid 800 services and migration to new vendor.
· Improved service by introducing performance standards and working with supervisors to gain acceptance.
TCS MANAGEMENT, Nashville, TN
Consultant 1993 to 1995
Specialized in contact center management and technologies including call volume forecasting, multi-center operations, scheduling, ACD technical design, MIS/ACD reporting, agent group design, voice response script design, computer telephony integration, intra-switch routing, skills-based routing, host-based routing/telephony, network routing services, network technologies, traffic engineering, disaster recovery planning, vendor contract negotiation, and budgeting.
· Consulted in 40+ centers covering multiple applications, sizes, technologies and industries.
· Selected as primary instructor for Business Communications Review’s (BCR) “Understanding ACDs and Call Center Technology.”
Bachelor of Science - Major: Statistics University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Bachelor of Science – Major: Marketing University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Technical Competencies & Certifications
ACD Systems: Avaya Aspect ACD Siemens Cisco Managed Services
Voice Processing Systems: Aspect Avaya Nuance
ERP/CRM/Case Management: SalesForce.com Remedy case management CA Universal Service Desk
Siebel Onyx CRM SAP Interaction Center Lawson Kana
Workforce Management (WFM), CTI and Intelligent Call Routing (ICR): Genesys ú Avaya Interaction Center
Aspect Workforce Management (formally TCS) ú IEX WFM
Quality Monitoring Systems (QMS): Nice (IEX) QMS ú Verint/Witness QMS
(PSTN) Public Switched Telephone Network/ WAN Data Networking: AT&T, Verizon toll free advanced services
FLM 150 fiber mux ú Carrier and customer provided access ú SONET rings ú Frame Relay ú T1
Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) ú Voice over IP (VoIP)
James Isaac Mitchell (Ike)
Fort Collins, CO 80525
970-231-0098 (m) Ike@ikemitchell.com
Best viewed using MS Internet Explorer